Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Tech Behind Apple's Impossibly Thin New iMacs

I have to say I was really impressed with how thin the new iMacs are. However I will need to add the external DVD drive. There are still a few programs I install using CDs and DVDs. I do see more and more companies offering download versions of their software. This should make the software a little more affordable and use less space on our desks. Even Microsoft is offering, for the first time ever, their Windows 8 operating system via download.

via Wired Top Stories by Christina Bonnington on 10/30/12

When Apple unveiled the new 21.5- and 27-inch iMacs at its media event last week, it wasn?t surprising that they were thinner than their predecessors. No, it was shocking just how much thinner they were. How did Apple do it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment